Sunday, October 19, 2014

The 2nd thumb ring

I found out that Korean, well I have to say archers in Joseon dynasty(1392-1897), used 2 different types of thumb ring.  One called Am gakkji, another one is Su gakkji.


The first thumb ring that I made was am gakkji style.

This time, I tried to make su gakkji style.  It was used to draw heavy weight bows, and it seemed like only Korean used this kind of style in Asia.
Again, without knowledge, I tried to make it just looking at pictures from online.








It was much better than the first one, and I felt much easy to pull the string.  However, after I shot a lot of arrows, my thumb joint started to hurt.  I had feeling that this was normal, but the fitment was little off.
I wanted to make another one, and this time, I decided to take as much as time to fit into my thumb perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment