Sunday, October 19, 2014

The weight of bow

I did not know every bows have different weight.  When we talk about the bow weight, we are not talking about actual weight of the bow.  We are talking about pulling weight.  When you draw(pull) the bow string, you will feel the weight, and heavier the weight, harder to use.

I asked many questions, and searched online before I ordered my KTB.
I used to work out a lot and I was in good shape....well, 15 years ago...
I was thinking to order a bow about 50 pounds, because when you watch movies or archers using bows, they make archery looks so easy.
Thanks to forum members who gave me advice to start with 30 pounds.
When I tried to pull my KTB, I felt it was pretty heavy.  Using a thumb ring with Korean style archery, I have to draw about 30", which means I felt heavier.

If you are like me, who is a newbie, start with lower pound weight so you will not get hurt, and can practice proper form.

This is a picture of Moon Young Sung, who was chairman of Joseon archery research.  The picture was taken around 1938.

No comments:

Post a Comment